Every room inside of your Hillsborough County, FL house serves a specific purpose. From the bedrooms and bathrooms to the kitchen and the laundry room, these essential spaces define your living habits and are what really makes your house into a home. Even though certain areas such as garages or attics may provide you with an additional area to utilize for storage or other activities, these rooms may not be able to offer all of the extra living space that you are looking for. Fortunately, there is a simple way to open up more space in your home- to install a screened in porch! Screened-in porches are not uncommon or new- the use of a porch as an indoor/outdoor livings space has been popular since the 19th century. More than a century later, you’ll still find plenty of screened-in porches throughout the country, especially in places where the weather is more mild. Check out many of Florida’s neighborhoods and you’re sure to see families and friends enjoying themselves in these enclosed areas. Read on to learn more about porch ideas about how to utilize your porch, especially throughout times of social distancing where you and your family are spending a lot more time at home. Call American Home Center in Plant City, FL to find out more today!
Ways To Utilize A Screened-In Porch
There are a variety of shapes and sizes of screened in porches that can be transformed into pretty much any space you desire. You can easily make your porch a room that caters to your specific needs. From a play area for children or pets to an entertaining space for guests, there are many ideas to utilize this bit of space.
- Outdoor Office- A lot of homeowners can use an extra room for the office space in their houses. A lot of workers already clock in and out at a home office, and working from home has expanded greatly due to social distancing measures. You don’t need much to turn your porch into a home office.
- A Place For Your Pets- Does your furry friend need a place of their own? Rather than keeping them cooped up in the house all afternoon, turn your porch into their playground! A lot of homeowners want to give their pets the adequate space to roam and play. A screened-in porch can become a safe and covered area for your pets to comfortably use all year round. It also allows you to have a dedicated area to locate your pet supplies! You can cater to your pets with items such as:
- A comfy bed
- Toys and treats for dogs and cats
- A scratching post for the cat to climb
- A covered area to give your pet a shaded place to hide and rest
- A lot of water, especially through the summer.
Porch Ideas To Use Your Space
- Give the Kids More Room To Play- Why not give your children a little extra room for fun and games? An enclosed porch provides the safety and no worry of bugs or dirt that can interrupt playtime, while providing fresh air and a view of the outside.Line the floor of the area with soft mats so that the kids are able to easily crawl around. Put in some toys, games, and books that they can easily access. Of course, before you let your kids in there, get rid of any hazards, lock any exits, and supervise them as needed.
- Give the Adults Some Fun- It’s not just the kids who can have a playroom! You can use your screened in porch area to create a space for an at-home bar. From a small portable cart to a bartop that stretches along the wall of the house, it can be a great place to entertain guests for any occasion.
Contact Us Today
There are many different porch ideas to try out during isolation or social distancing here in Hillsborough County, FL. Call American Home Center at our Plant City, FL headquarters to find out more today!